Sunday, October 10, 2010

....as you retreat to your "happy place"

"Speak to me, read my mind.. And I'll be yours, just give me time Give me time... Cause you have everything I could ever want You have everything I could ever want You speak to my soul like you've known it before And I just can't stop... Lord I can't stop, myself ... "

As I heard this song over and over again, I realized how much I missed the feeling of "new love"..
"New love" as i mention it, is something all of us have been through at some point of time... I did, about six years ago and however much I keep telling my friends I prefer being the girl I am now than going down that same road again, I miss it... I miss it more than I thought I did...
Those were the days when everything seemed perfect. Waking up at five in the morning to reach school before time just so you could catch a glimpse of him looking at you. All the songs in the radio were about how you felt (or at least that's what you thought). A few months back when I thought about it, I felt stupid and naive.
But now, as I sit here listening to an endless number of love songs I hate to admit how much I miss going through to it all. There's a certain charm to it (that eventually disappears when you're in a relationship with the person for almost a decade)...a certain cuteness that only the people going through it would know about.
I don't know when I can feel so again (or whether I would feel so at all) but I close my eyes and smile at the thoughts of "what could be" ...
Thus, I retreat to my "happy place"..
There I had no worries, just love songs playing in the background while I sat in the park alone watching a sunset, hoping to find love again....

No comments:

Post a Comment